Make Carpets Look New Again + Home Made Carpet Cleaning Solution
This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking those links, helps keep this site free! Read Disclosure here.
Cleaning carpets and keeping them looking good can get really expensive, especially if you have kids and dogs. There are several ways to Make Carpet Look New Again. Most are very inexpensive and easy to do.
My favorite way to spruce up old carpets is to use a Carpet Rake. These are relatively inexpensive and will fluff up old carpet in no time. They are REALLY great if you have pets that shed a lot. They are amazing at pulling up pet hair. Here are my favorites…
You can buy a carpet cleaner that will do just about as good of a job as a professional for about what it costs to have them come one time. Take care of it and you can clean your own carpets for years to come.
Here are some of the best deals I see right now…
Even better, make your own carpet cleaner to save even more. Here’s my recipe…
Magic Carpet Cleaner
What You Need:
1 Gallon of warm water
2 tbsp. dish washing liquid
½-cup baking soda
1/2-cup white vinegar
What You Do:
1) Mix all ingredients into a 2-gallon bucket.
2) Use a sponge to dab the mixture onto areas that are stained and allow it sit a few minutes.
3) Place some of the mixture into a carpet cleaner and go over areas of about 5’ X 5’.
4) Once you have removed all signs of dirt, refill the carpet cleaner with clear warm water and go over the carpeting.
5) Open windows and place box fans in areas to create airflow to dry the carpet