Rainbow Cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day
This post may contain affiliate links. Clicking those links, helps keep this site free! Read Disclosure here.
Are you ready for St. Patrick’s Day? These adorable rainbow cupcakes are fun and easy to make with the little ones. We made these with my nieces this weekend and they LOVED them!
Have fun with them…
- Bake your favorite cupcakes (any box mix will work).
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Make Buttercream icing. We used the recipe from the side of the Domino Confectioners Sugar box, but any recipe will work.
- Transfer 1/4 of the icing to piping bag.
- Add green food coloring to the remaining icing and mix until you have the desired color.
- Transfer green icing to a second piping bag and use the grass tip to create the grass.
- Then pipe on some of the white icing for the clouds. Any large opening tip will work.
- Use AirHeads Extremes to make rainbows. Just cut to the desired length. I found these at my local Dollar General.
- Add a piece of Rolo chocolate candy under the rainbow for the pot of gold. I found these at my local Publix.
If you do not have a cake decorating kit, you can use a medium size zipper bag. Just put the icing in the corner of the bag and cut a small piece of the corner off to pipe. You will not be able to create the grass, but they will still look cute!