If you are working from home and your kids are not in school right now, you aren’t driving as much as normal. Making one small little change to your insurance policy can save you some money.
Changing your vehicle status from “To/From Work or Commute” to “Pleasure” can reduce your insurance rates. Not a ton of money but right now, any little bit can help!
The different coverages include:
- To/From Work or commute: When you use your vehicle to commute to and from your work and/or school.
- Business: If your vehicle is used for one or all of the following:
- used to make sales calls
- used as vehicle for business trips to bank or post office, picking up supplies, going to different locations
- owned or leased by a partnership or corporation that have a business listed as an additional interest on the car
- Farm: If your vehicle is used primarily on a farm, ranch or orchard
- Pleasure: No other description applies and/or the car is rarely used such as a weekend car. Typically this car is driven for fun without using it for regular commute or business.
As you can see, if you are at home and not driving a lot every day you can classify your vehicles as “Pleasure”. Depending on your insurance company you might be able to do this online, or you might need to make a call.
Of course, make sure to change it back when you start commuting to work again!