15 Halloween Safety Items for Kids & Safety Tips
Halloween Safety Tips
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Look left, right and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
- Put electronic devices down and keep heads up and walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to
the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children to never dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Trick or Treat With an Adult
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
Keep Costumes Both Creative and Safe
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, on medians and on curbs.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
- Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. so be especially alert for kids during those hours.
15 Halloween Safety Items for Kids
Halloween is one of the funnest nights of the year. It can also be one of the most dangerous. Here are some Halloween Safety Items for Kids to help keep them safe!
This bucket solves two problems in one. It keeps the kid visible to you and traffic, and the loot inside the bucket visible to the kid.
LED Light Up Night Safety Wrist Band
These are great for any time of the year, but especially at Halloween. Slip it on the wrist, and watch it glow keeping your kids safe in the dark.
High Visibility Reflective Safety Vest
This reflective vest is great for kids who are fast movers. Keep them visible to traffic and your eye too.
If you have a bunch of kids to look after as they trick or treat, getting a pack of these LED bracelets is a smart move.
This wand gives peace of mind. It has a light, makes noise and will help your child get attention in an emergency.
Use this glow in the dark tape to mark kids or buckets for safety this Halloween.
LED light up laces can help your child see the path before them, and keep them visible to traffic without requiring them to hold onto anything but their treat basket!
Light up pendants are perfect for keeping kids visible to traffic this year. This 4 pack has several colors to keep everyone safe and styling in their color of choice.
These ghost necklaces are adorable. And they keep children visible to traffic on Halloween night.
Super Bright Reflective Pendant
Add one of these to the stroller, diaper bag or etc to keep everyone visible on Halloween night, ot anytime of the year.
LED Face Mask
These LED masks are fun. They can add to a costume, or just keep you visibly cool.
Best Halloween bag ever goes to tis ghostly graveyard one. This is really neat and keeps kids safe from traffic too.
This two pack of flashing pumpkin buckets is ideal for Halloween. Kids can trick or treat safely while having less worry about traffic.
These are fun for seeing better in the dark, or being seen. They come in a 4 pack so you will have plenty to go around!
Led Skeleton Gloves
If it is getting chilly on Halloween night, keep their hands warm and their visibility high with these great LED gloves! This definitely adds something to the costume!