There are many ways to save water and conserve this valuable resource. By following some simple tips, you can make a difference in your water usage and help protect our planet.
Here are 10 ways to save water:
1. Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth or shaving. You can save up to 8 gallons of water per day by doing this simple act!
2. Don’t let the water run while washing your hands – turn it off while you lather up.
3. Take shorter showers, and install water-saving shower heads to reduce the amount of water used each time.
4. Don’t use running water to thaw meat or other frozen foods – defrost them in the refrigerator overnight instead.
5. Wash only full loads of laundry, and consider investing in an energy-efficient washing machine that uses less water per cycle.
6. When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run continuously – fill up one side of the sink for washing, and the other for rinsing.
7. Water your plants during the cooler hours of the day to reduce evaporation, and place a layer of mulch around them to further conserve moisture.
8. Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways, sidewalks and porches – you’ll save water and keep your home free of chemicals.
9. Collect rainwater in a rain barrel to use for watering plants later on.
10. Check all faucets and pipes regularly for leaks, and repair them promptly to avoid wasting water.
Taking these simple steps will help you save water – and money – each and every day!