Are you missing money?
MissingMoney.com is a database of governmental unclaimed property records. It is free to use and you never know you could be owed money. This program has been around for quite a while, but it is still pretty cool!
Common types of unclaimed property include:
- Bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
- Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and dividends
- Uncashed checks and wages
- Insurance policies, CD’s, trust funds
- Utility deposits, escrow accounts
Once you’ve located a potential source of missing money, you’ll need to provide some identifying information so that the agency can determine if you’re entitled to the funds. This may include your Social Security number, date of birth, and current address. You may also need to provide documentation to prove your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Find more ways to save money!