Gender reveal parties are relatively new concept. However, they are quickly becoming a popular way to celebrate the announcement of the gender of an upcoming baby.
The big question you may be asking is…do you give gifts for gender reveal? The answer is YES… if you want to! Gifts aren’t a necessity but they are usually appreciated by the expecting parents.
Giving gifts for a gender reveal is a fun way to share in the excitement of a new baby. Whether it’s a family member or close friends, giving the expecting parents practical gifts helps them prepare even more!
The general rule of thumb is to give at least one gift so if there are two parties – the gender reveal and the baby shower you can choose one. Of course you can give two gifts but not always necessary. It can be hard to do a baby shower gift and a gender reveal gift. Choosing one that is great fit is a thoughtful way to show you care!
For those looking to surprise the parents-to-be with a creative and special gift for their party, there are many options available.
Gender reveal gift ideas for new parents
- Bath bombs – give the expectant mom a box of bath bombs in pink and blue to get ready for their little one’s arrival. The essential oils can be relaxing for a new mom.
- Books about parenting – A parenting book tailored for either boys or girls can be an invaluable resource as your loved one enters into parenthood. If you know the gender of their baby you could get a specific book tailored to the baby’s gender.
- Keepsake boxes – A personalized box filled with mementos of the occasion like photos, ultrasound images and cards from friends and family will create a lasting memory. These make a great baby gift!
- Picture frame – a gender reveal picture frame to commemorate the day is a great option to help celebrate them finding out the gender of the baby. A frame for the ultrasound picture is a great keepsake and unique to celebrate their growing family!
- Gender neutral baby clothes – It’s never too early to start shopping for cute outfits, so surprise the expecting parents with some adorable baby clothes in either blue or pink.
- Gender neutral gift– Since you are finding out the gender AT the party, go for something that can be used regardless of their child’s gender such as unique stuffed animals, night light, a white noise machine or swaddle blankets. A gender-neutral gift is a nice gift that will win no matter what the gender!
- Diaper cakes – A fun way to give diapers that can be either gender specific or neutral. These are typically decorated with ribbons, pacifiers and other small items. Not only are diapers useful gifts but the cakes usually have a unique design that mke a great center piece!
- Baby shower supplies – Give items like diaper cakes, baby wipes and bottles that can be used for the upcoming baby shower.
- Wall art – Customized signs or wall hangings with the gender reveal theme are a unique way to decorate your loved one’s nursery.
- Gift cards or Gift Certificate – A gift card/certificate to a popular baby store is always appreciated as it allows future parents to purchase items they need.
- Pregnancy pillow – A expectant mother will appreciate this thoughtful gift. Pregnancy pillows are great for pregnant women, and for breast feeding newborn babies. They are a great addition to any nursery to help with sleepless nights.
Also checkout our Ultimate Baby Registry List!!!
Baby gender reveal party ideas
- Photo shoot – Capture the moment with a special photo shoot of the big reveal.
- Balloons – Fill a room with blue or pink balloons and then have them burst with color for the exciting announcement. Snag them cheap at the Dollar Store!!
- Confetti cannons – Load up some cannons with either blue or pink confetti for an unforgettable “pop” of color when you announce you’re expecting a boy or girl.
- Video montage – Create a video of your loved one’s journey to parenthood and show it at the party.
- Gender themed decorations – Decorate the venue with hanging banners, flags and other items in your chosen gender colors.
- Cake reveal – Have your cake reveal its contents by cutting it open or having the baker color the inside either pink or blue.
- Games – Get creative with some fun gender-themed activities like a “Guess the Gender” game or “Gender Matching” cards.
- Gifts – Give out mementos of the occasion in the revealed gender colors.
Let your creativity shine and make this gender reveal party one to remember!
Gender reveal photoshoot ideas
- Scratch-off Paint Reveal: Choose a color or colors for your photoshoot and use scratch-off paint to reveal the gender of your baby! This can be done with a canvas, on your walls, or even on paper for some fun photos.
- Balloons and Confetti: Lots of balloons filled with confetti in either blue or pink is always a classic way to announce the gender of your baby! Plus, it makes for some amazing pictures that you can share with family and friends.
- Gender Reveal Smoke Bombs: If you’re looking for something different, why not try using smoke bombs? Depending on which one you choose, they’ll release either blue or pink smoke – a great way to surprise everyone!
- Mystery Boxes: Create two mystery boxes, one for each gender, and open them up during the photoshoot to announce the gender of your baby. You could also fill the boxes with confetti or colored powder for extra visual effects.
- Gender Reveal Cake: A delicious way to announce the gender of your baby is by slicing into a cake and revealing either blue or pink inside! Top it off with some cute decorations and you’ve got yourself an Instagram-worthy photo opportunity.
- Gender Reveal Pinatas: Hang up a pinata filled with either blue or pink candies and let everyone take turns trying to break it open and find out the gender of your baby. Fun, interactive, and a great photo opportunity!
- Watercolor Reveal: Paint two large canvases with watercolors – one blue and one pink – and let them dry before you take a photo while holding up the colors. This is another unique way to reveal the gender of your baby in a creative way!
- Gender Neutral Props: If you want to keep the reveal subtle but still add some fun elements to the photoshoot, try adding some gender-neutral props like stuffed animals or wooden blocks for extra cuteness.
These are just a few ideas that you can use for your gender reveal photoshoot!
Gender reveal ideas for twins
- Twin Baby Carriage Reveal: If you’re expecting twins, why not use a baby carriage to make your gender reveal? Simply fill the carriage with two balloons – one pink and one blue – and pull them out when ready to announce the genders!
- Mystery Boxes for Twins: Create two mystery boxes and add either pink or blue items inside each box that represent the gender of each twin. Then open both boxes at once to reveal the genders together!
- Scratch-off Paint Reveal: Choose a color or colors for your photoshoot and use scratch-off paint to reveal the gender of your twins in an exciting way! This can be done with a canvas, on your walls, or even on paper for some fun photos.
- Twin Balloons: Fill two balloons with confetti in either pink and blue and have them rise up at the same time while everyone guesses which gender they might be! This is a great way to announce your twins’ genders together.
- Watercolor Reveal: Paint two large canvases with watercolors – one pink and one blue – and let them dry before you take a photo with both of the colors side by side. This is a unique yet creative way to reveal the gender of your twins within a single frame!
- Gender Neutral Props For Twins: Add some gender-neutral props like stuffed animals or wooden blocks to your photoshoot to make it more fun and playful. This way you can keep the reveal subtle but still add some extra cuteness to the photos!
- Twin Gender Reveal Cake: If you’re looking for a delicious way to announce the gender of your twins, why not try cutting into a cake with two colors inside? Top it off with some cute decorations and you’ve got yourself an Instagram-worthy photo opportunity!
These are just a few ideas that you can use for your twin gender reveal photoshoot. Have fun and enjoy the moment – these memories will last forever!
Gender reveal snack ideas
You don’t need to go all out on snacks if you throw a party. You can do some easy snacks like….
- Cakes: To make the reveal even more special, why not make a cake with either blue or pink colors inside? You could also opt for cupcakes and other desserts instead.
- Finger Foods: Finger foods such as mini sandwiches, sliders and quiches can be great options for a gender reveal party. They’re easy to prepare and deliciously satisfying!
- Drinks: Serve drinks in either blue or pink colors for a festive touch. And if you want to go all out, you can add edible glitter or sprinkles to the glasses too.
- Sweet Treats: Cookies and candy are always crowd-pleasers that everyone will love. Try making some in different
Want something special? Here are some specific gender reveal snack ideas…
Gender reveal party appetizers
No need to cook a full meal – appetizers are perfect. You can easily make….
- Mini Skewers: Create mini skewers with either blue or pink colored ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and olives for a tasty snack.
- Stuffed Mushrooms: Stuff some mushrooms with cheese and bacon bits and bake in the oven until they turn golden brown. They make great appetizers that everyone will love!
- Popcorn Balls: Make popcorn balls with either blue or pink marshmallows for an easy-to-make snack option. You can add sprinkles or chocolate chips for extra flavor.
- Mini Tacos: Fill mini tacos with shredded cheese, ground beef and a sprinkle of pink or blue seasoning to make them fit the gender reveal theme. Delicious!
Here are some other fun ideas…
These are all great appetizers that you can prepare for your gender reveal party – they’re sure to be a hit with everyone who attends! Enjoy!
What to wear to a gender reveal party
When planning what to wear for a gender reveal party, the most important thing to consider is comfort. Wear something that you feel comfortable and confident in, as these are moments of celebration! Here are some ideas to get you started:
• For women: A dress or skirt in a gender neutral color such as white, yellow or grey can be fun for a daytime outing. Or if it’s an evening event, opt for a festive jumpsuit or maxi dress.
• For men: If it’s a casual affair, shorts and t-shirt work great. But if it’s more formal, then go with chinos and a shirt with bow tie or pocket square details.