Ahhh no such thing right?? Wrong!
Trying out this Keto thing and unfortunately the two things I want the most – potatoes and pasta – aren’t allowed. Bummer right? Why is it the things you love the most are usually not good for you 🙁
I am not strict Keto just digging the recipes that have been popping up and trying to cut carbs. I have been finding new ways to make Keto friendly meals that still taste great to me. I just stumbled across a good one!
Keto Friendly Loaded Baked Potato (or whatever you want to call it – couldn’t think of a better name lol). It’s a loaded baked potato made out of radishes and it is actually really good! I was surprised how much boiled radishes taste like potato and this is a super easy meal to make!
- Radishes – handful for each serving
- Baked potato toppings of your choice – I did bacon, butter, cheese, and chives but you can do anything you want!
- Peel the radishes – just take off green and red parts. Should be all white little bulbs
- Boil in water with a dash of salt for about 10 minutes.
NOTE – They are done when the insides are translucent – if you still see white (like this) keep cooking!
- Drain and put in a food processor
- Add butter, salt, and sour cream (if desired)
- High speed for about a minute – if you want creamier, do longer
- Poor in a bowl and top
- Microwave for 30 seconds to melt cheese if necessary
Disclaimer – I am not a nutritionist and don’t claim to be. I am just playing around with recipes and sharing what I find I like 🙂